As part of October’s National Disability Employment Awareness Month, St. Lawrence NYSARC is proud to announce that Gary Davis of Massena was received State-wide recognition as an “Outstanding Performer.” Below is a news release from NYSID outlining recognition details. In the photo from left to right: NYSID’s Central New York Account Representative, Kathryn Tucci, St. Lawrence NYSARC’s Gary Davis, and St. Lawrence NYSARC’s Director of Seaway Industries, Shelly Jameson.
New York State Industries for the Disabled, Inc. Honors Central New Yorkers With Disabilities for Employment Excellent NYSID recognizes statewide work on Preferred Source contracts
(Albany) – Eleven Central New Yorkers with disabilities are among 59 statewide Joslin Outstanding Performers recognized through NYSID’s annual people-centered awards program.
In its 13th year, NYSID’s Joslin Awards Program has recognized more than 650 Outstanding Performers, and awarded 15 of those individuals with the final William B. Joslin Outstanding Performance Award.
The Joslin Outstanding Performers for 2016 from Central New York are:
• Gary Davis, St. Lawrence NYSARC/Seaway Industries (Massena), custodial
• Keith Drummond, The Arc of Madison Cortland (Oneida), light assembly/production
• Matthew Frost, Jefferson Rehabilitation Center (Watertown), machine operation
• Shane Jones, Arc of Seneca Cayuga (Waterloo), custodial
• Andrew Marshall, The Arc, Oneida‐Lewis Chapter/Progress Industries (Utica), custodial
• Esmin Mujcic, Association for Vision Rehabilitation and Employment, Inc./A.V.R.E. (Binghamton), copy paper manufacturing
• Vinny Muro, Arc of Onondaga/Monarch Industries (Syracuse), porter
• Michael Phillips, ACHIEVE/Country Valley Industries (Binghamton), document preparation
• Trevor Pumilio, Human Technologies Corporation (Utica), custodial
• Cheyenne Wenck, The Arc of Chemung/Southern Tier Industries (Elmira), custodial
• Geoff West, JM Murray, (Cortland), assembly/packaging
NYSID is a not-for-profit business with a mission of “Turning business opportunities into JOBS for New Yorkers with disabilities.”
“NYSID secures meaningful employment for all New Yorkers with disabilities who look to Preferred Source opportunities to choose an employment direction,” said Ron Romano, NYSID president & CEO. “In doing so, we salute the 2016 Joslin Outstanding Performers as ambassadors of the wide-ranging abilities of New York State’s workforce.”
The 2016 William B. Joslin Outstanding Performance Award co-recipients and all 2016 Joslin Outstanding Performers will be honored during NYSID’s Annual Meeting on Wednesday, September 21 at 5 p.m. at The Saratoga Hilton in Saratoga Springs.
Xerox State & Local Solutions, Inc. in Broome County will also be recognized as NYSID’s 2016 Corporate Partner of the Year. This year’s Annual Meeting theme is #EmploymentEmpowers.
For more information on the Joslin Awards, including videos of previous award recipients, visit http://www.nysid.org/joslin.cfm.
Established in 1975, NYSID is a registered 501(c)(3) Not for Profit which creates employment opportunities for nearly 7,000 New Yorkers with disabilities annually through New York’s Preferred Source Program. NYSID’s community rehabilitation member agencies and private sector business partners are located throughout the state, providing jobs in the community and in production facilities. For more information, visit http://www.nysid.org.
Contact: Paul Quirini (phone) 518.694.0243 (e-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Executive Director of Community Relations