The Agency and the Board of Directors is in the process of developing a Foundation that will act as a mechanism to support programs that are not maintained by federal or state funding. It is their goal that The Foundation will become a vital resource to help sustain the services that help people to achieve more fulfilling lives. Supporters of St. Lawrence NYSARC can help to build The Foundation through gift planning. Planning a gift is a worthwhile way to leave a lasting legacy. We recognize that it is a difficult choice and it is important to be informed about your financial goals while beginning the process of planned giving. Luckily, there are many options available to contribute a gift to The Foundation of St. Lawrence NYSARC. One will very likely fit both your economic and philanthropic interests.
Planned Giving Opportunities
Below is a listing of a few planned giving choices with brief descriptions. If you are interested in more information, please contact St. Lawrence NYSARC at email@example.com for more information. Of course, we encourage you to fully discuss your options with your legal and financial advisors, as well.
- General Donations: The most immediate way to contribute, through a gift of cash, which provides an immediate tax deduction for the donor.
- Memorial Donations: A direct donation in memory of a loved one, friend or colleague.
- Bequests: A contribution planned through your will that dedicates either a fixed amount (a certain percentage of the estate,) or a remainder interest. A bequest may reduce estate taxes for survivors.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: A planned gift to The Foundation that provides the donor with guaranteed income for life, based on the donor's age at the time of the gift. A portion of the income is tax deductible and the gift allows for a charitable gift tax deduction.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: A planned gift that offers the donor a fixed or variable payment based on a set percentage. The amount of charitable income tax deduction is dependant on the amount of income paid to the donor.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: A simple way to donate by naming The Foundation as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
The donor will receive a charitable tax deduction for fully funded policies. Gifts of Retirement Plans: The donor designates The Foundation to receive funds remaining at the end of his/her lifetime.
To become a Foundation member, please contact:
St. Lawrence NYSARC
6 Commerce Lane
Canton, NY 13617